Here are the important points about Kentucky USDA Rural Housing Loans:
- USDA loan are only available in certain counties of Kentucky.
- There are two types of USDA loans available: Direct and Guaranteed.
- 100% financing. No down payment
- USDA will go down to 580 score and uses and automated underwriting pre-approval system called GUS-Guarantee Underwriting System. The GUS findings will dictate your loan pre-approval.
- Income limits based on county and number of people in household.
- Must be 3 years removed from bankruptcy and foreclosure
- No purchase price limit
- Upfront funding fee of 1% of loan amount paid to RD at closing
- Annual mi fee of .35% paid each month for life of loan.
- Takes on average 30-45 days to close.
- 30 year fixed rate is the only term available and rates are usually comparable to FHA and VA government mortgage insured rates.
- Do not have to be a first time home buyer and can currently own another home if USDA deems the current living situation not suitable.
- Appraisal has to meet FHA minimum standards
- You can buy a home with land on USDA Loans as long as the property does not have any agricultural characteristics or income producing capabilities.
- There is no set max acreage but the appraisal will dictate approval of property by USDA.
- You can only use USDA loans to purchase property or refinance an existing USDA loan
Senior Loan Officer
Senior Loan Officer
The view and opinions stated on this website belong solely to the authors, and are intended for informational purposes only. The posted information does not guarantee approval, nor does it comprise full underwriting guidelines. This does not represent being part of a government agency. The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the view of my employer. Not all products or services mentioned on this site may fit all people. NMLS ID# 57916, (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org). Mortgage loans only offered in Kentucky.
All loans and lines are subject to credit approval, verification, and collateral evaluation and are originated by lender. Products and interest rates are subject to change without notice.