USDA Advance Copy Notice HB-1-3555 Chapter 11
USDA has announced that Chapter 11 of the HB-1-3555 will be updated and an advanced copy has been provided. Changes will become effective after USDA issues a Special Procedure Notice.
- Clarification was added that revolving accounts with no outstanding balance are not required to be closed.
- USDA eliminated guidelines provided that a retained property that has been rented for 24 months or longer may be omitted from the DTI, and
- Added guidance that the income received from rents may only be included in the repayment calculation if the property has been rented for 24 mo. or more.
- Guidelines were added that monthly payment for borrowers in debt management plans must be included in the DTI.
- The calculation guidelines for Non-Fixed Student Loan Payments were updated removing the requirement for the greater of calculation to be used and added guidance for when the payment amount is zero.
- Additional guidance was added that compensating factors supporting Debt Ratio Waivers for manually underwritten loans must be documented.
- Clarification was added that federal, state and local taxes don’t need to be included in the DTI unless there is a payment plan in place.