Kentucky FHA Guidelines for Bankruptcy
- Collections: Based upon the surrounding circumstances, and as determined by our underwriter, these do not necessarily have to be paid.
- Judgment: Judgments are required to be paid off before the mortgage loan is eligible for insurance. However, exceptions can be made if the borrower has been making regular timely documented payments and the creditor is willing to subordinate the judgment to the insured mortgage.
- Foreclosure: A borrower whose previous residence or other real property was foreclosed on, or who has given a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure within the previous three years is not generally eligible. Exceptions can be made based upon extenuating documented circumstances.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Will not disqualify a borrower if at least two years have passed since the bankruptcy was discharged.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: A borrower paying off debt under Chapter 13 may also qualify if at least one year of the pay out period has elapsed with satisfactory payment performance and the court approves the borrower entering into a mortgage transaction
Senior Loan Officer
phone: (502) 905-3708
Fax: (502) 327-9119