Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Credit Certificate

Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Credit Certificate

08f41-jlkh
Should I overlook the financial benefits of KHC’s Home buyer Tax Credit over fear
of the Recapture Tax Provision?
Absolutely not! For nearly all borrowers, the financial benefits of a “life of loan” federal
tax credit far outweigh the small potential of paying a recapture tax. After all, most
borrowers will not have to pay. Unnecessary fear about recapture among home buyers,
real estate agents, builders, or even mortgage professionals can cause eligible
borrowers to miss out on this valuable benefit. Get the facts before you decide! Consult
a CPA or competent tax professional to discuss the effect of KHC’s Home buyer Tax
Credit on your household’s tax liability now and in the future.
What is the maximum amount of KHC’s Home Buyer Tax Credit annually?
The lesser of 35% of the interest paid on your mortgage loan or $2,000 per year not to
exceed the amount of your federal tax liability.
Who is Eligible to receive KHC’s Home Buyer Tax Credit?
Generally Kentuckians purchasing their first home to owner occupy with a 30 year fixed
rate mortgage. Your KHC approved lender can determine if the purchase price of the
home and income of your household are within eligible limits. These limits vary by
county and household size. There are also options for repeat home buyers in certain
counties, contact a KHC Approved Lenders for full program eligibility details.
What is KHC’s definition of first-time homebuyer?
A first-time homebuyer is someone who has not had ownership interest in a home within the past three years.
Will I lose my KHC Home Buyer tax Credit if I refinance my mortgage?
No, but you will need to notify KHC of your refinance within 12 months of the closing by
submitting an application for reissuance. This can be found on KHC’s website,
http://www.kyhousing.org, Lender Resources, under KHC Home Buyer Tax Credit.
What triggers the Federal Recapture Tax?
All three of these criteria must be met for a borrower to owe recapture tax:
1. You must sell your home within 9 years.
2. You must make a net gain from the sale of your home.
3. You must be earning significantly more income than when you bought the home.

What is the Federal Recapture Tax?
It’s a federal tax that a borrower may be required to pay from the net profit they receive
from the sale of their home. If they have to pay Recapture, it would be due when they
file their federal income tax for the year in which they sell their home. The maximum
recapture tax is 6.25% of the original principal balance of the loan or 50% of the gain on
the sale of the home, whichever is less.
Can KHC or the lender tell me what my recapture tax will be?
No, it would be impossible to predict your tax liability, if any; since it is based on your
situation at the time you sell your home. It depends on your future income, family size,
and the amount of net profit on the sale of your home. In addition, neither KHC nor your
lender is qualified to interpret tax regulations. You should take your Notice of Federal
Recapture Tax form (issued at closing) and your Closing Disclosure to a competent tax
professional or CPA if you met the three triggers above

Home Buyer Tax Credit

What would you do with a bigger tax refund?

If you plan on buying a home, then consider taking advantage of KHC’s Home Buyer Tax Credit. The tax credit provides a dollar for dollar reduction of your federal income taxes, every year you occupy the home. The Tax Credit is equal to 35 percent of the annual mortgage interest paid in a calendar year.

Eligibility

  • All first-time home buyers. If not a first-time home buyer then contact a KHC Approved Lender to see if eligible.
  • Purchase price and income limits apply.

How to Apply?

Contact a KHC Tax Credit Approved Lender to start the process.

Applications are accepted by a statewide network of local lenders. Home Buyer Tax Credit is available through FHA, VA, RHS and Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Conventional 30-year mortgages at a fixed interest rate. With a Tax Credit from KHC, you will get a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction in your federal income taxes worth 35 percent of the mortgage interest you pay on your mortgage each year. You can still claim the remaining 65 percent of the mortgage interest as a tax deduction.

FAQs

We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) to answer most of your concerns, but if you would like to know more about the Tax Credit, please consult a Tax Credit Approved Lender and/or a tax professional.

 

4454e-object_preapproval

 Only Kentucky Home Buyers obtaining a KHC first mortgage are eligible for DAP. All DAPS take a lien
position & require input into LP/DU as subordinate financing. DAP funds can never be used to
pay for repairs. Once you have determined the loan type it’s time to see which of the two KHC
Down payment assistance programs your borrower is eligible for. Follow the easy steps
below….

1. Check to see the household income falls under the Affordable DAP Income Limits:
If yes then the borrower qualifies for the Affordable DAP up to $4,500. Affordable DAP
is amortized over 10 years at 1%. Must go to maximum LTV allowed on first mortgage
amount. Borrower must qualify with second mortgage payment. If no, then proceed to
Regular DAP.

2. Check to see if the applicant(s) income falls under the Secondary Market Income Limits.
If yes the borrower is eligible for Regular DAP up to $6,000 in $100.00 increments with
a minimum $500.00 loan amount. Regular DAP is amortized over 10 years at 5.50%.
Must go to maximum LTV allowed on first mortgage amount. Borrower must qualify with
second mortgage payment.

Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Creditg Certificate

Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)

 

What is a Mortgage Credit Certificate?

A  Kentucky Houising (KHC)( Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC) reduces the amount of federal income tax you pay, giving you more available income to qualify for a mortgage loan.  MCCs are NOT mortgages.  They are tax credits that put extra cash in your pocket each month, so you can more easily afford a house payment.  That means fewer tax dollars will be withheld from your regular paycheck, increasing your take-home pay.  The federal government allows every homeowner an income tax deduction for all the interest paid each year on a mortgage loan.  But an MCC gives you a tax credit of 25 percent (not to exceed $2,000).  You can still deduct the remaining 75 percent interest on your income taxes.  A tax credit is not the same as a tax deduction.  A tax deduction reduces the portion of your income that is taxed, so you pay less.  A tax credit is a direct, dollar for dollar reduction in the total tax you owe.  The MCC is effective for the life of the loan as long as you live in the home.  If you sell your home in the first nine years of ownership, you may be subject to Federal Recapture Tax.

MCC Brochure

Eligibility to apply

Call or email today to apply for Down Payment Assistance to buy a home  in Kentucky using KHC's DAP Funds
Call or email today to apply for Down Payment Assistance to buy a home in Kentucky using KHC’s DAP Funds

You may qualify for the program if:

  • You are purchasing your first home.
  • You have not owned a home in the last three years.
  • The home you wish to buy is located in an area of the state which is exempt from the first-time home buyer rule.  (Your local lender can determine those “targeted areas.”)

 

You must meet Kentucky Lender , KHC, FHA, VA, RHS, Fannie Mae, and/or Freddie Mac standards for creditworthiness.  You must occupy the property.

It cannot be used for business, commercial, or rental purposes.

Applicants need a sales contract with a legal description of the property, a $500 MCC fee, and copies of federal income tax returns for the past three years.

How to Apply?

Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis by a Kentukcy statewide network of local lenders.  MCCs are available with Kentucky FHA, VA, RHS, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Conventional 30-year mortgages at a fixed-rate.  MCCs cannot be used with KHC’s Mortgage Revenue Bond program, but may be used with KHC’s Fannie Mae Cash Window program.  Your local lender will submit your loan application and notify you as to whether your application has been accepted.

With an MCC from KHC, you will get direct dollar-for-dollar reduction in your federal taxes worth 25 percent of the interest you pay on your mortgage each year.  You can still claim the remaining 75 percent of the interest as a tax deduction.

MCC Credit Certificate is offered in the following areas in Kentucky:

Kentucky MCC Credit Certificate Mortgage Limits by County

 

KHC Household Income Limits for MRB Tax Credit MCC

 

KENTUCKY HOUSING CORPORATION HOME BUYER TAX CREDIT 2018 GROSS ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME LIMITS

KENTUCKY HOUSING CORPORATION HOME BUYER TAX CREDIT 2018 GROSS ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME LIMITS

 

 

KENTUCKY HOUSING CORPORATION HOME BUYER TAX CREDIT
2018 GROSS ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME LIMITS
Effective May 17, 2018
The income limitations listed below are imposed by federal law.
Failure to comply with them may create adverse consequences for Kentucky Housing Corporation and its bondholders.
Funding Source: MRB/Home Buyer Tax Credit (Purchase Price Limit – $271,164)
Person(s) per household (1 or 2) (3 or more) Person(s) per household (1 or 2) (3 or more)
Anderson 69,400 79,810 Kenton 78,300 90,045
Ballard 59,200 68,080 Larue 73,800 86,100
Barren 59,200 68,080 Laurel 59,200 68,080
Boone 78,300 90,045 Livingston 59,200 68,080
Bourbon 84,120 98,140 Lyon 60,500 69,575
Boyd 59,200 68,080 Madison 79,080 92,260
Bracken 93,960 109,620 Marshall 59,600 68,540
Bullitt 71,500 82,225 McCracken 60,800 69,920
Caldwell 59,200 68,080 McLean 74,760 87,220
Calloway 59,200 68,080 Meade 60,500 69,575
Campbell 78,300 90,045 Mercer 59,200 68,080
Christian 59,200 68,080 Muhlenberg 59,200 68,080
Clark 84,120 98,140 Nelson 74,520 86,940
Daviess 62,300 71,645 Oldham 71,500 82,225
Fayette 70,100 80,615 Pendleton 93,960 109,620
Franklin 65,200 74,980 Scott 84,120 98,140
Gallatin 93,960 109,620 Shelby 75,200 86,480
Graves 59,200 68,080 Simpson 59,200 68,080
Greenup 59,200 68,080 Spencer 85,800 100,100
Hancock 62,300 70,725 Taylor 59,200 68,080
Hardin 61,500 72,220 Trigg 59,200 68,080
Henderson 65,100 74,865 Trimble 85,800 100,100
Henry
85,800 100,100 Union 59,200 68,080
Jefferson 71,500 82,225 Warren 59,200 68,080
Jessamine 70,100 80,615 Woodford 70,100 80,615
For all other counties not listed above: $71,040 (1 or 2 person) $82,880 (3 or more person)

13 thoughts on “Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Credit Certificate

  1. If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

  2. I am looking for a personal loan, but my credit is not good. I do not want a payday loan but that is all I find on the internet when I type in personal loans for people with bad credit. Do you know any lender who will give loans to people with bad credit? I do not really care.

  3. This is the accurate Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Credit Certificate Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Loans blog for anyone who wants to act out out most this substance. You attention so some its near effortful to represent with you (not that I real would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new stunting on a theme thats been codified virtually for eld. Squeamish substance, simply major!

  4. Pingback: Homepage
  5. This is the accurate Kentucky Housing MCC | KHC Mortgage Credit Certificate Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Loans diary for anyone who wants to move out out most this theme. You react so untold its most wearing to debate with you (not that I rattling would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been scrawled near for period. Prissy bunk, only extraordinary!

  6. Pingback: Goozle Zone
  7. Pingback: sebastianchivu.wordpress.com
  8. Only Homebuyers obtaining a KHC first mortgage are eligible for DAP. All DAPS take a lien
    position & require input into LP/DU as subordinate financing. DAP funds can never be used to
    pay for repairs. Once you have determined the loan type it’s time to see which of the two KHC
    Down payment assistance programs your borrower is eligible for. Follow the easy steps
    below….

    1. Check to see the household income falls under the Affordable DAP Income Limits:
    If yes then the borrower qualifies for the Affordable DAP up to $4,500. Affordable DAP
    is amortized over 10 years at 1%. Must go to maximum LTV allowed on first mortgage
    amount. Borrower must qualify with second mortgage payment. If no, then proceed to
    Regular DAP.

    2. Check to see if the applicant(s) income falls under the Secondary Market Income Limits.
    If yes the borrower is eligible for Regular DAP up to $6,000 in $100.00 increments with
    a minimum $500.00 loan amount. Regular DAP is amortized over 10 years at 5.50%.
    Must go to maximum LTV allowed on first mortgage amount. Borrower must qualify with
    second mortgage payment.

  9. Home Buyer Tax Credit
    What would you do with a bigger tax refund?
    If you plan on buying a home, then consider taking advantage of KHC’s Home Buyer Tax Credit. The tax credit provides a dollar for dollar reduction of your federal income taxes, every year you occupy the home. The Tax Credit is equal to 35 percent of the annual mortgage interest paid in a calendar year.

    Eligibility
    All first-time home buyers. If not a first-time home buyer then contact a KHC Approved Lender to see if eligible.​
    Purchase price and income limits apply.
    Purchase price limit: $255,500.
    Tax Credit income limits based on county and household size.
    How to Apply?
    Contact a KHC Tax Credit Approved Lender to start the process.

    Applications are accepted by a statewide network of local lenders. Home Buyer Tax Credit is available through FHA, VA, RHS and Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Conventional 30-year mortgages at a fixed interest rate. With a Tax Credit from KHC, you will get a direct dollar-for-dollar reduction in your federal income taxes worth 35 percent of the mortgage interest you pay on your mortgage each year. You can still claim the remaining 65 percent of the mortgage interest as a tax deduction.

    FAQs
    We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs)​ to answer most of your concerns, but if you would like to know more about the Tax Credit, please consult​ a Tax Credit Approved Lender and/or a tax professional.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s