Louisville Ky FHA Loans
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is a federal agency within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). FHA’s primary objective is to assist in providing housing opportunities for lo to moderate income families. FHA has both single family (1-4 unit homes) and multi-family (5 or more units) mortgage lending programs. The agency does not generally provide funds for the mortgages, but rather insures home mortgage loans made by private industry lenders such as mortgage bankers, savings and loans and banks.
Is there a Loan Limit on Louisville Ky FHA Loans?
FHA Maximum Loan Amounts are set by HUD for every county in the United States. Maximum loan amounts vary from one county to another. It is critical that the borrower’s loan amount, including financed closing costs, not exceed the maximum set by FHA for the county in which the subject property is located. There are no income limits on Louisville Ky FHA Loans . Check with you Loan Consultant for the maximum Mortgage amount allowed in the county you are considering purchasing a home in.
Is Mortgage Insurance Required On Louisville Ky FHA Loans?
FHA is a government insured program with a unique mortgage insurance program. Although not as expensive monthly, you have an up front MIP fee. FHA requires a mortgage insurance premium on the 203(b) program. An up front premium of 1.0% of the loan amount is paid at closing and can be financed into the mortgage amount. In addition there is a monthly MIP amount included in the PITI of 1.15% . Condos do not require up front MIP, only monthly MIP.
Can I Use Gift Funds for the Down Payment for a Louisville Ky FHA Loans ?
One of the most popular aspect of FHA financing is the ability to receive your down payment as a gift. It just needs to be from a relative. The down payment can be 100% gift funds. This is one of the key benefits to the Louisville Ky FHA Loans and FHA program. Most conventional mortgages do not allow 100% gift funds. Generally the borrower must have 5% of the funds.
Verification of the source of gift money is not required. However, it is necessary that the gift funds be deposited in the borrower’s bank account, or in an escrow account, prior to underwriting approval. Proof of deposit is required.
Gift donors are restricted primarily to a relative of the borrower. They can also be certain organizations, such as a labor union or charitable organization. Contact your Loan Consultant for complete information.
What are the Rules Regarding Bankruptcy for a Louisville Ky FHA Loans?
FHA may have the most lenient policies towards bankruptcy, but you still must have a valid reason and re-established credit. Generally, a bankruptcy will not necessarily disqualify a potential borrower. Guidelines are as follows:
Chapter 7: Two years must have passed since the bankruptcy was discharged. (Note: Discharge, not Filing Date) The borrower must have re-established good credit without delinquencies for two years (or has chosen not to incur new credit obligations), and has demonstrated an ability to manage financial affairs. If the borrower does not incur new credit, such thing as, Car Insurance, Telephone, Cable, Utilities, Medical Payments, Etc. will be used to demonstrate re-established credit.
Chapter 13: A borrower currently paying off debts through this process may qualify if a minimum of one year of the pay out period had elapsed and payment performance has been satisfactory with no new derogatory credit and the borrower must receive court approval to enter into the mortgage transaction.
Louisville Ky FHA Loans
- Basic FHA Home Mortgage Requirements for Louisville Ky First Time Home Buyers (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- >FHA to increase the FHA monthly mortgage insurance (Kentucky) (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)
- Kentucky FHA Mortgage Guidelines (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Federal Government shutdown and their effect on FHA, VA, USDA loans in Kentucky (kentuckyusdaloan.com)
- Federal Government shutdown and their effect on FHA, VA, USDA loans in Kentucky (louisvillekymortgage.net)
- Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Loan Guidelines for 2013 FHA, VA, USDA, RHS, RD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, $100 Down, HUD FHA (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Kentucky FHA Loans and the Government Shutdown (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Louisville Kentucky FHA, VA, USDA, and Fannie Mae Mortgage Loan Guidelines for 2013 (trulia.com)
- FHA-backed mortgages will be halted in a shutdown | Money – WYFF Home (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Kentucky First Time Home Buyer Mortgage Programs for FHA Loans and VA Loans (trulia.com)