Louisville Ky First Time Home Buyer
Who is Eligible for a Kentucky First Time Buyer Loan?
What is Escrow?
Mortgage Credit Certificates from KHC
Many people dream of owning a home but the home loan process can be confusing for many first time home buyers. Mortgage lenders offer first time buyers with many home loan options and assist the buyer in finding the best home loan for them. First time home buyer programs can offer lower interest rates, low down payments, or reduced taxes.
First time homebuyers often experience the most difficulty amounting a significant down payment and everyone should have the opportunity to buy a home. For this reason the Federal government has developed two loan programs to assist homebuyers that have a little or no down payment. These programs are called the Kentucky Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and the Kentucky Veteran’s Administration (VA). These programs are not solely intended for first time home buyers; your home loan advisor will be able to determine if you qualify and if so which program is acceptable for your needs. Kentucky FHA and VA loans can be especially advantageous when combined with a HFA or MCC first time homebuyer program.
AWho is Eligible for a First Time Buyer Loan?
Kentucky First time home buyer programs are designed to help borrowers who may not have enough money to pay the full cost of the down payment or the closing costs on a mortgage. These programs make obtaining a mortgage more cost effective. There are even programs specifically for residents of each state. First time home buyer programs are available to those who have not owned a home for the past three years.
Community Home Buyer Programs
Kentucky Community homebuyer programs reduce the down payment the borrower must pay to 3%, which must be the borrower’s own funds. The closing costs can be gift funds, a grant, or seller assistance up to 3% of sale price. This type of home loan requires the home buyer to take a class on home ownership in their state. Upon completion of the class, the homebuyer will receive a certificate that reduces the cash requirement and expands the qualification ratios. Community homebuyer programs have been making it possible for many people to have the opportunity to buy a home.
What is Escrow?
Escrow is a deposit of funds, a deed or other instrument by one party for the delivery to another party upon completion of an event. In simpler terms, escrow is where the transaction changes hands and prevents the seller from not receiving the money from the sale and prevents the buyer from not receiving the home that was purchased. Escrow is important to both buyers and sellers during the mortgage process.
Mortgage Credit Certificates
A Mortgage Credit Certificate or MCC from KHC -Kentucky Housing Corp is a certificate awarded by your local government agency authorizing the home loan borrower to take certain federal income tax credits. The credits awarded help to free up funds and make the monthly home loan payments more affordable for the homeowner. First time home buyers are typically the candidates eligible for an MCC but in special cases that you may discuss with your home loan advisor this requirement may be waived. Income and purchase price requirements also vary state to state and should be covered in conversations with your home loan representative.
Louisville Ky First Time Buyers Program
First time buyer programs in Louisville can make securing a Louisville home loan easier and more affordable. Contact us at 502-905-3708 for your Louisville Ky mortgage to begin your first time buyer loan.
Rates subject to change without notice.
MRB Interest Rates
- NEW – EFFECTIVE WITH RESERVATIONS BEGINNING ON 11/7/2011
For all approved KHC lenders
60-day reservation for new and existing properties
KHC-funded down payment assistance may be utilized with these rates
Rate without DAP
Rate with DAP
*Government Rates only
* Government includes FHA, RHS, and VA.
- Kentucky Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac First Time Home Buyer Education Requirements (via Louisville Ky Mortgage Rates) (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Louisville Ky Mortgage Lender FHA/VA KHC USDA Kentucky Mortgage: KENTUCKY USDA RURAL DEVELOPMENT LOANS ZERO DOWN (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)
- Louisville Ky FHA Mortgage Loans (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- FHA Loans in louisville, kentucky (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Louisville Kentucky FHA Streamline Requirements (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Louisville Kentucky Down Payment Assistance and Closing Costs (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- FHA Mortgage Insurance for Kentucky Mortgage Loans (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Louisville Ky FHA Mortgage Loans (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Kentucky First Time Home Buyer Grants and Loan Programs (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Louisville Mortgage Loans (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- How does Kentucky FHA Mortgage Loans Work for Kentucky First Time Home Buyers? (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Louisville VA Mortgage Rates (kentuckyvaloan.wordpress.com)
- Basic FHA Home Mortgage Requirements for Louisville Ky First Time Home Buyers (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Louisville Ky First Time Home Buyer (louisvillekymortgage.net)
- Louisville Ky VA Loans (kentuckyvaloan.wordpress.com)
- First Time Home Buyer Programs Louisville Kentucky (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Frequently Asked Questions about FHA Kentucky Home Loans (louisvillekymortgage.net)
- Louisville Kentucky FHA Seller Contributions and Closing Costs (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Down Payment and Closing Costs Assistance (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)