via Kentucky VA Lending Guide
|Kentucky VA loans are typically the best solution for our honored veterans and service members. Contrary to popular belief, VA loans are fairly easy to process and tend to not be any more complicated than any other loan program that we offer.Here are some of our favorite features of Kentucky VA loans:
- No Down Payment – VA is a true 100% financing loan with no minimum investment required.
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance – VA loans do not require monthly mortgage insurance, providing significant cost savings to our Veterans. They do require an upfront Funding Fee of 0 to 3.6% that is paid directly to the VA. This funding fee is financed into the loan and may be waived for some buyers based on their scenario.
- Credit scores – Interest rates and underwriting requirements are less credit score sensitive than other loan programs. In some scenarios, we are able to lend to buyers with scores in the mid-500s. Buyers without a credit score may be eligible with additional requirements.
- Renovation loans – We can do purchase and refinance loans that roll the cost of minor and cosmetic repairs into the loan amount.
- Property Types – VA Loans can be used on 1-4 unit properties, primary residence only. They can also be used on VA approved condominiums and qualifying manufactured homes.
VA Loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the United States Veterans Administration. VA Loans are available to military personnel and veterans, including Reservists and members of the National Guard. Surviving spouses may be eligible in specific circumstances.
VA Loan eligibility is determined using the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) document. We work directly with the VA on the buyer’s behalf to obtain this document. A buyer can take advantage of the VA loan program more than once!